Friday, September 12, 2008

Chili Queen

It's good to be Queen even if it is only the "Chili Queen". Tonight was our annual ward Chili Cook-off held at Big Springs Park in Provo Canyon. Chili was tasted and chili was judged. It so happened that I won the "Chili Queen Award" for Best Tasting Chili. So, thank you Cathy for the great recipe - it made me look good tonight.
White Chili
1-2 Tbs. olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
1 - 4 oz can chopped green chilies
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp. oregano
4 chicken breats, cooked and shredded (I like to season the chicken with salt & pepper before I add it)
5 cups chicken broth
3 - 16 oz cans of white beans, undrained
3 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (I like to use Peppered Monterey Jack Cheese for a little extra kick)
Directions:
Saute onions, green chilies and garlic in olive oil and add spices. Combine beans, broth, and chicken with onion mixture. Stir over medium heat and gradually add the grated jack cheese. Stir until all cheese is melted and combined well with other ingredients. Heat to desired temperature.
P.S . The leaves are starting to change color, the air is getting cooler, and BYU football has begun. You gotta love Fall.

4 comments:

Ruthann said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe and congrats for the best chili!

Alison said...

I remember getting this recipe from you last year and making it. We all really liked it, and just a few days ago when I was begging the kids for menu ideas, Clark suggested "Liz's chili". He loved it and that is saying alot from a food snob! Congrats on the prestigious honor of Chili Queen!

clark family said...

Good job! We'll have to try this recipe, although I'm sure it won't taste as good when I make it!

julie williams said...

Way to go girl!!! Yum- I'll have to give that a try! Please don't rub it in that falling is being to happen!! We are still enjoying 100degree weather!!